Tuesday, April 21, 2009

save me


Gather around boys and girls, for today we have a guest appearance on my blog. LazyKing from Bored... Get unbored brings us the following...


This is the story about a young man named Eric...

Everything in Eric's life was going really well. His character spoke of power and grace. He did well to hide his flaws, and made friends wherever his feet led him. He is the type of guy you want to have as a brother… a friend… a lover.

One day after work, Eric took stock of his life. He noticed something was slowly changing; he was starting to lose his "magic". Life wasn't treating him as well as before. His friends joked about it and called it "bad luck". Still Eric didn't stop being optimistic and kept smiling. Unfortunately that "bad luck" continued. In a few years time, it turned into something worse. All aspects of his life seemed to turn to ruins. He lost his confidence, self-esteem and values. Everything that he worked so hard for was wiped out. His attempts to make things better failed miserably each time. Meanwhile, he became used to his "bad luck". He’s not even surprised anymore when something bad happens to him.

Eric's family has grown very concerned about him. He tries to hide the truth and tell them that he’s ok, but they see through it. He’s thought about giving up but that will hurt everyone that loves him. So Eric finally decided to go to a psychologist. He shares his life story while lying on the comfy couch. He believes he can be fine again, he just needs to hear the right words to help him believe in himself and in the future. He believes there is a magical combination of words that will throw a switch deep inside his soul… and turn him on again. Looking for answers he stares into the shrink's eyes… “What are those words?”

___________

If you were the psychologist what would you say to Eric?

23 comments:

  1. I was at that exact place, every word lays close in my memories of that painful place. The only advice I can give is find your soul, this for me happened when I found a true relationship with God and was reborn. Now I am able to see why everything happened, and all the "Bad Luck" turned out to be the best things in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, you are placing way too much pressure on yourself and you worry too much what other people think of you. Think about what important aspects of your life you've been neglecting to keep your illusion alive, and spend more time on that. Try to relax about it! The more you stress about getting the magic back, the more difficult it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, congratulations to Lazyking and Louis, you make a great team.
    My words: Eric, just try harder and what matters is your own happiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd only say "whatever will be will be...you cannot control everything. it's nature's way and you have to let it go. sometimes this is the best way"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since this isn’t my post I’m allowed to take a stab at it...

    Eric, when you were younger, you lived an amazing life. Since then you’ve matured, now you want different things from life. Yet you hold onto your past. You hold onto the life you had. You’re trying to recreate what you had back then, by doing what you did back then. It’ll never work! The man you were isn’t the man you are. The man you were, can’t please the man you are. There’s an amazing person inside you. All you need to do is stop looking for who you were and start looking for who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are the things in life that make you unhappy? Take them and turn them around, don't hide behind the melancholy. Make something of it, use the experience to motivate you to change the negative. This life is yours and only you can change it. If you wait around for it to get better, I promise you'll be waiting forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all great post LazyKing. I have goosebumps actually!

    Well I wouldn't know what to say... partly because I believe deeply in the powers of words in one's life...
    Maybe "working" on those words with him... making him realise and "ask" for the proper words, not that words will do the trick... but they can be the perfect "action strin".
    In the end what Eric is asking is for some consciencialization (spelling???)

    [Loius... do remeber asking me what was wrong... let's say I'm an Eric...]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eric need to not dwell on the bad that has happened and look at the good no matter how small it may be. Look for the little signs that things are getting better because they are there. I'd tell him to remember that things may have looked better before, they really aren't as bad as he thinks. He is feeding his "bad luck" by nurturing it when he expects bad things to happen. Always remember the grass may be greenER on the other side, but both sides are green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I thank you all esecially Louis.
    And I'm really happy that evryone likes the story and I appreciate your comments. They are and will always be useful for many differents experiences in our lifes. You guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is such an interesting story. I would ask Eric if he could remember what triggered his negative feelings and emotions. I would ask him to focus on what makes him happy and to identify some things that he can change and do that will improve the situation. Regarding the story, I like how you ask questions and engage the readers in the narrative. I hope you have a part. II for us : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would tell him to not focus on the negative parts and to think about what he is learning. That these experiences will help him to grow up as a wiser man.

    Thank you Lazy, this is a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh Thank you Louis not Lazy, lool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lazy and Louis this was a very good post. Now what I would tell Eric is this….. If you have the time to lay here and search for the words to raise you from the ashes of your despair then you have time to reach into your soul and do what is needed to change your world with the words that have been hidden within you this whole time.....it is you the word seeker you seek. Now get up and go live a full life and not one based on bad or good luck. That's 120 bucks you can pay on your way out thanks. I hope I don't see you again because this could get really expensive for you Eric in the long term. Take the advice and stop wasting your money.

    Love
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  14. @JB, I can always count on you for meaningful and funny advices.

    @The White Girl, coming from you, the incredible poet, WE are thrilled

    @cybeel, great comment, simple and meaningful. Thank you

    @Serene Chaos, you are wiser than Louis, lool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Louis, great post from Lazyking. I have agood mind to put it on my blog too in fact. Love it.

    Ok, this is waht the psychologist says in turn,

    "well, Eric, i actually can't tle you those magic words or I'd lose you business! Nope, my job is to sit here and listen to you work through it on your own. I'm actually NOT allowed to giv eyou the answer, but hey, keep coming back--I'm sure you'll figure it out and I cna do with the cash. Thank you very much."

    Ok, my response:

    I'd say you need to throw yourself on God and have that realtionshp with him but even then there are no guarantees for anything as man's free will reigns supreme this side of mortality. So, buddy, it's gonna be all up to you and I'm afraid to say your track record isn't indicating any real change soon. Maybe you can go and listen to other people who have climbed out of such holes adn see what they;ve done but doesn't mean it will work for you. Jsut be glad then for the good times you;ve had, even if they are over--at leat you had those!"

    --I know, bad advice. Sorry. Need to think more positive myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am learning in my life that whatever happens, will happen. There is nothing I can do to change it, EXCEPT on how I REACT to it. I am doing my best to stay positive and believe in myself. I have recently removed all the "negative" people from around me and now, I only surround myself with good people...which is only two right now...and push myself to keep doing the things I enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He will always be the "lazy king" yet then again he is the least lazy blogger I'm following. I have to scroll to find anybody else on my dashboard.

    Bored...Get Unbored.
    Other Blog.
    Bored...Get Unbored.
    Bored...Get Unbored.

    Bored...Get Unbored.
    Other Blog.
    Bored...Get Unbored.

    Bored...Get Unbored.

    Bored...Get Unbored.
    Other Blog.
    Bored...Get Unbored.
    Bored...Get Unbored.

    He makes a lot of people laugh. If you haven't watched the short film "validation" watch it. lol that's for you lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I have to agree with the first comment. What I have learned the hard way myself, is that striving after perfection and trying to meet the expectations that I thought God had of me, I failed miserably. It was after I was completely broken, that I could actually see God, see Christ. His LOVE for me is all that matters and that alone will heal your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Mr Puddle, thank you. I'm lazy, believe me!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post. I wrote a response but decided to save it for a post on Monday: D I will link to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @LLnL, I cant wait to read your response. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Unfortunately I can't get to my response so I might have to write a new one later. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I found this Posting thru Lazy King & LLnL's response. Everyone has written such thoughtful comments, and I especially like what mmmm said, pretending to be the shrink! Please people, don't go to shrinks, they just will keep you coming back for more, they need to pay off their medical degrees!

    Unless you truly need psychotropic drugs to keep from killing yourself or something, advice from your friends and fellow bloggers is just as good, if not BETTER & Free....here is what I wrote also:

    I agree, this is a BEAUTIFUL comment! We would all do well to follow the advice. Our perceptions to our circumstances are what make the difference.

    I think alot of us bloggers are a bit too cerebral. This is how we are wired, we tend to overthink. We are writers, we tend to go over things and over-analyze them to death. Well, at least I know I do. We want to know "why"? Sometimes there is no reason, it just is!

    I am trying to lighten up and get out of this trap! Just "BE". It is what it is. Enjoy what you have been dealt in life, take a walk outside and enjoy the new Spring, be happy for what you have! There is always someone better off than yourself, and worse off! If you can read, and walk around and think for yourself, that's pretty lucky in my book! Take Care, Bunni

    I might add that we put too much pressure on ourselves to be "happy". If you think what your life was like when you were young, of course it was happier! You can't live in the past, or live for what other people think about you. The day I stopped caring about what other people thought about me was the day I started to feel better and happier in my own skin. There is no magic answer! If you must look for advice, don't pay a shrink, read the Bible! (Cliche' I know, but true)!

    ReplyDelete