She hangs on the side of the cliff, out of breath and discouraged. She had to fight hard to get this high, but she’s not even half way. Staring at the man hanging next to her, she gives up. “I can’t go any further, let’s go down.” He smiles at her, in the way he always does. “If I thought you couldn’t go on, I would let you go down. But I know you can do this, I believe in all of you!”
She doesn't believe.
With lots of sweat and some hidden tears she makes it close to the top. Then she falls. She wants to scream, but her body is too weak. Hanging in mid air she looks up at him. He’s smiling again. “You didn’t think I’d let you fall?” She’s angry at him, she wants to give up but he won’t let her. “Let me go!” she cries. “I’d let you go when I stop believing in you…” He grins, “…don’t hold your breath.” Why does he still believe in her? Is he blind to the obvious… or can he see something the world refuses to acknowledge about her? He pulls her up “You’re not done yet, this mountain is not bigger that you!”
__________
When someone believes in all of you, no mountain will stop you!
sometimes we need to hear those words i guess. i often tell my friends "Why not?" "Of course you can do it" or "Lets do it!"
ReplyDeletei definetely believe in the power of words
So true... When someone has faith in you, it makes you want to go the extra mile in order to achieve something you might have thought impossible.
ReplyDeleteAmen. The summit is believing in yourself. :)
ReplyDeletesometimes thats all it takes is one person looking at us with pride. :)
ReplyDeletethank you for the sweet comment on my blog. It made me smile.
It's often easier to see someone else's potential than our own too, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThanks for this entry my darling... it really means something.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had someone who believed in me (like this) <3
ReplyDeleteI am SO bawling over this post. I totally see myself here AND I totally see a very good friend in this post as well. We both tend to feel we are not worth much and not worth saving. It is funny...we both believe in each other tons...so, why is it so hard to believe in ourself???!.....
ReplyDeleteWOW, awesome post... TX for believing in me all these years dude, even when I didn't :(
ReplyDeletePS. I truly believe in you dude, always have always will! your a blessing to all these ppl who follow yur blog!
If you believe in someone, you can change his life and help him acheive great things.
ReplyDeletegreat post!
I needed this today...This is the only blog I have read in 4 days and the words were perfect as usual :)
ReplyDeleteVery well written....I feel that if you have someone beside you who believes in you....you get egged on to achieve something you have never imagined you would...
ReplyDeletegreat post :)
Chicken Soup for the beaten soul. I have tears in my eyes but I won't let them fall. I am a failure to most and it is so disheartening. I would love to hardened my heart and hate those that think little of me but its not me. I see the strength and beauty if most; not just others,I also see it in myself, but sometimes I feel like the only person in world that does.
ReplyDeleteThe thing that has always encouraged me was God. He always see more in me than I see. I usually get mad at him not giving up on me and pushing me to be better than my best. To the world I look like a fool for trying, but to God he knows that I have yet to put forth my best effort. I have a few people on earth who believe in me too, but when they are not there or they or mad at me it feels empty.
The lesson I'm trying to learn is that I don't need others to believe in me, I only need to believe in myself. When things look bad I have to fight to hold on to hope, perseverance and joy. It is smart to visualize your dreams coming true and to be aware that you are never alone, you have the benefit of limitless strength.