Monday, March 16, 2009
don’t look at me
You think you understand, but you have no idea. You think you know me, but you never can. The pain I bleed won’t stain your hands. If you see a dim flickering light shining out of me, just look away, you’re not supposed to see. But take heart... it will fade eventually.
Please don’t look at me.
With black tar of despair and bricks of pain, I build a wall to cover my shame. The light that was, will be no more… all in the hope of surviving the world once more. My strength, my pride and yes my pain will never again see the light of day. What I was and what I should be will be locked away for all eternity.
Just don’t look at me.
I gather all my misery and wrap it round the wall. Broken glass and razor wire covers the wall now destroying my soul. If you try to help you’ll surely fall. Don’t come closer, I’m not well, I’ll rip you apart… I’ll give you hell! Can’t you see it’s too late for me? Now go away and let me be...
And don't you dare look at me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great Post!
ReplyDeleteI can totally identify with you. I once knew someone who did nothing but hurt me, and then tried to make things better - it just ended up making things far worse than they ever were. The best thing I did was to remove myself completely from them. There should not be any room in your life for anything that is not worth it.
touching!
ReplyDeleteVery deep. LazyKing said it: TOUCHING
ReplyDeleteI think the hardest thing I've ever realized is that no one can ever really understand your emotions. Pain for me, may not be pain for you. Love for me, may not be love for you. In the general sense people can help you along the way and to a certain extent one can understand the other person´s emotions. But no one can ever Completely understand an other person. So in the end we have to rely on ourselves and our own strength and allow people in to help you along the way.
ReplyDelete