Friday, June 26, 2009

heaven


I saw dark clouds part before my sight.
I stood in awe as heaven took form to my delight.
Unspoiled beauty as far as I could see
Blessed my heart for all eternity

I saw laughing children running around
I saw happy people lying on the ground.
I saw tender light that will never fade
And a majestic lion sleeping in the shade

I saw flowers as tall as trees,
I saw beautiful angels, bowing to their knees.
I saw mountains that never stopped
And I saw Jesus sitting on a rock.

I saw all this to my surprise...
The moment I looked into your eyes.
____________________

If there is such a thing as heaven on earth, it’s surely hidden is someone’s eyes.

13 comments:

  1. touching and beautiful :-)
    "I saw all this to my surprise...
    the moment I looked into your eyes."
    (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a powerful and beautifully written poem. I am in awe with this one. Moved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louis
    Did you write this poem ???
    Its beautiful !

    Our eyes are the windows to our souls .
    from sesga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyes... :)
    And the answer to your final thought is yes.

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the answer to be yes...I love to look into peoples eyes, there are no words to describe it, just like there are no words to describe heaven. What a moving poem. Absolutely brilliant !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. terribly romantic- somehow that phrase comes into mind when I read this

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! i love it! love it! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it as always....VERY romantic and heartfelt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful. It's true that eyes carry the world, but I can't exactly say that I've ever seen Heaven in someone's eyes. I see hope--the result of the reality of a Savior and consequently Heaven. Hope, and sometimes longing--both are the result of reality. The difference is that one has found true Love, and the other has not. True love (not temporary love, but eternal love) can only be found at the root of its existence; in Jesus. Once a person knows Jesus, I think he can see Him in the eyes of others who have found that same Love. At that point, we may not see perfection in life, but we see perfect joy from the knowledge of hope in Christ.

    Very thought provoking. I hope I made sense just then--I've never really thought about that enough before to write it all down. :D

    I'll be returning to read more.
    In His arms,
    --Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Louis,...I noticed that you became a follower on my blog and so I clicked over and read some of your posts. You have a gift for writing.

    The comment above is from my granddaughter Abigail. (I suppose you know that,..because you follow her blog too). I loved your Heaven poem,...and yet I felt some of the same questions as Abigail had,...or same thoughts as she had. If the "eyes are the window to the soul",...as some have said,...then I agree that heaven could be seen in another's eyes,...if Jesus lives within their hearts, and He is their Hope. ((smile))

    Hey,...you should join in today on Monday Monthly Poetry. There doesn't seem to be enough of us out there that enjoy writing poetry!

    Have a good day.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  11. Louis! This brought tears to my eyes. Eyes are one of my favorite things about someone, especially the type of eyes that can spell things out.

    ReplyDelete