Friday, June 19, 2009

tremble if you must

He looks at her with a peaceful smile “I can’t do it”. Fear grips her eyes, “If you don’t do it, I will surely fall.” Gently he cups her cheek with his palm “It’s not that I don’t want to do it, it’s that I can’t. I’m not that strong.” His lovely smile fades into seriousness with these words: “You are the only one who can do this.” Worlds collide inside her mind as she tries to defeat his words. All in vain. His eyes won’t allow her to back down. She stands up. Her hands are shaking with fear and a few drops of doubt. He grabs her hand “Do it trembling if you must, but do it!” She turns around and forces her legs to walk through the gate. As she disappears into the fog he whispers to her lingering scent "Are you really that strong?"

____________________

Strength is not when you face a difficult situations with ease.

Strength is when you keep walking while you're trembling.

13 comments:

  1. So true Louis!
    from sesga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm stating the obvious, but you are incredibly talented Louis! Awesome post! Couldn't agree more with your conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazinggg post.

    Courage is when you're afraid but you keep on movin anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect post!
    I think I kinda know someone who has this effect on me... I just wonder who that is?...

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louis,
    very wonderful post.
    Bravery is also being afraid but going on anyway. I hope your weekend is wonderful.
    Bunni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, agree 100% :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to have found your blog; your writing is inspirational :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter how bad my day is going, you seem to look into my soul, see what turmoil is there and then you post something that speaks to me...There aren't enough words to describe how I feel about your writing and you know that...It is amazingly beautiful and haunting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Strength is when you keep walking while you're trembling." <<---- What a POWERFUL line/thought. I believe that is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa. What is this about? Such good writing. Its like, I want to know where is she going? What's on the other side of the gate? So interesting and cool.

    ReplyDelete