Friday, October 16, 2009

halloween party

She stares across the room at a man who holds all her attention. His eyes meet hers and time slows down to accommodate her rush of emotions. Her beautiful smile draws him in as he makes his way to her. “Hello cat woman” he says with a smile, revealing his fake vampire fangs. She feels very flirtatious tonight “Tell me, do you only suck human blood, or will mine do?” He stands closer and stares into her eyes “I think your blood will be far sweeter than any human.” She frowns, he looks way too serious. Suddenly he thrusts her against the wall and bites her neck viciously. She knocks him away “Damn it Rick, what’s gotten into you?” He looks at the floor with shy eyes “I’m sorry, I guess I got a little carried away”

____________________

Sometimes we behave how we think we should instead of how we want to. Unintentionally we create masks, to fit in or to protect ourselves. If we’re not careful our masks can become us and we lose who we are meant to be.

11 comments:

  1. I think we wear masks cause we are afraid that people will see our shortcomings and not like or even love us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sometimes a mask helps our real feelings, desires, and personalities come through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with angel, its like an insecurity. i always try to stay true to myself but it can be hard x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely write up...more inspiration for my new work :)) Love the way you conclude your eassays. Cheers!

    best
    -nivi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, this entry reminds me of that yellow poster at school that says something about your thoughts becoming actions, and your actions becoming character... I can't remember exactly. You're right, we create masks and those masks become ourselves if we're not careful. I can say this happened to me since I've been really scared of being vulnerable or embarrassed I pull on a mask and try to "counterattack" anything that would hurt me or embarrass me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo great post, as always and great lesson too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well... my darling, again... you've summed up the actions of modern society.
    The mascarade game...
    But... I gotta say I recognize all that scenario :)

    Miss you,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words are intriguing, just noticed you're following my blog (how did you find me?). Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that story is good! And the sum-up at the end is the icing on the cake: I'm hooked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who would want to know me if they really knew me? A lot of misguided people believe this lie.

    ReplyDelete